Grassroots Destination Marketing is a powerful tool for promoting tourism, especially in smaller destinations. On December 7, 2012, TrekkSoft and Destination Accelerator co-hosted via Google Hangout an online panel discussion focused on software solutions to marketing and online payment challenges, finding marketing partners, and building destination networks. For over one hour, the panelist (representing companies on three continents offering products ranging from economy to up-scale) exchanged experiences and discussed how Tour and Activities (T&A) companies in a given destination could pool their resources to attract customers.
John Fauver, co-founder of Outdoor Interlaken and Bus2alps, illustrated the successful bottom-up approach to marketing Interlaken, Switzerland as a T&A destination. He pointed out that aligned incentive structures are crucial to convincing all potential partners to work together towards the common goal.
Please have a look at the entire Hangout below and learn more about Destination Marketing from these experienced panelists:
- Roni Weiss, Consultant and blogger/videographer (co-moderator)
- Dariush Daftarian, TrekkSoft (co-moderator)
- Jon Fauver, Co-founder of Outdoor Interlaken and Bus2alps
- Ethan Gelber, Co-founder of Destination Accelerator and blogger
- Leigh Shulman, Founder of Cloudhead
- Leslie McLellan, Partner at TourismCurrents
- Juan Paredes Goicochea, Co-founder of LARGE minority and More Local
- Kate Webb, Owner of The Responsible Safari Company