2.1 Paid Baskets
You need the administrator rights to be able to look at the following explanations.
2.1 Paid Baskets: Shows all the completed bookings and displays the booking’s payment status.
Status: Shows you the actual status of that basket (booking),
Even balance: You want the column to be green, as this means there is no outstanding payment or over payment for this basket.
Outstanding payment: This status will appear when there is not enough payments added to a basket (booking).
Overpaid: This status will appear when there is too much value in the payments added to a basket (booking).
By clicking on the Magnifying Glass, you will be forwarded to the basket details where you can look at the payments, rebates, refunds etc.
2.2 Basket Details
2.2 Basket Details con.
The basket details page has a series of collapsible boxes with the following information.
1) Overview shows Basket Id, Transaction number, date booked and reservation status.
2) PDF Documents shows the documents that the bookee received via email. Here, you can also re-send them or download them to print again locally.
3) History of Payments shows all payments that have been made, as well as the outstanding balance.
4) Remarks shows any special remarks added at the time of booking.
5) Basket summary shows all the passengers and trips booked in that basket. From here you can cancel and re-book individual passengers or add new passengers. You can also add additional add-on items to the basket.
6) Buyer is the user who completed the booking.
7) Agent is the person who is receiving commission for the booking.
8) Bills are payments made by people who are paying via invoice.
9) Payments allows you to add a payment to the basket.
Amount: Amount being made in this payment. Default is the open amount due.
Treasurer: the person collecting payment.
Agent: Only select an agent if the Agent is selected under treasurer.
Payment Reference: How the payment is made. This is merely a internal reference for tracking all offline payments.
Recently, we have received a lot of sign ups! Thank you very much! However, a lot of people have forgotten to accept our Terms and Conditions (T & C). Unfortunately, if you do not accept the T & C, you cannot use the TrekkSoft Payment Gateway (because of legal issues). To accept T & C you must login into the admin interface of trekksoft.com and click on this wizard button:
Please make sure that you have accepted T & C so you are ready to accept online bookings.
TrekkSoft.com provides the mandators (T & A companies) different options to allow agents to process payments. The mandator can decide which of these options he wants to provide to a specific agent (depending on trust, volume etc.). There are three basic options for an agent to accept payments for a booking made over the agent interface (not frontend booking):
1) Reservation (only reservation, money must be paid at the mandator (T & A company), agent receives a kick back from the mandator directly
2) Cash Payment (the agent takes the full amount or a part of the amount in cash or via a physical credit card terminal) // that means the mandator (T & A company will invoice the amount to the agent minus the comission)
3) Credit Card Payment over the TrekkSoft Gateway (the agent decides to use the TrekkSoft Credit Card Gateway to accept a credit card payment) // (TrekkSoft pays out the money to the mandator and the agent gets a kick back from the mandator)
We have received many requests about the further documentation of trekksoft.com functionalities. At the moment, we have the following documents to offer:
Currently, we are working on different screencasts to show the functionalities on TrekkSoft.com.
We are happy to announce that our Joomla Extension (Plugin) is finally approved. All Tour Operators and activity providers which are using Joomla CMS can now easily integrate the trekksoft.com booking engine and payment gateway via the Joomla TrekkSoft Extension. This is a success considering the short period of time the second plugin was released after the launch of our trekksoft wordpress plugin.
TrekkSoft Ltd. a Swiss travel technology start up is searching for a US based Marketing Manager.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for implementing the global growth of the TrekkSoft booking engine by increasing brand awareness and SEO, lead generation and sign-ups of T&A operators to the Trekksoft engine, and onboarding new signups to revenue generating mandators. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for recruiting and leading a team of interns.
- Native English Speaker, strong writing skills.
- Based in or willing to move to New York City or Boston area.
- Self sufficient, independent and excited to work in a high pressure startup environment.
- Strong sales & networking skills.
- Strong computer & technology skills, advanced level competence in MS Office, Adobe CS Suite,
- Social Media addict. Advanced knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, and leveraging social media for business.
- Experience in managing CPC online advertising campaigns including AdWords and Facebook Ads.
- Strong leadership skills, able to manage a team of interns.
- Previous marketing experience.
- Previous experience in a SAAS company and/or experience in the Tour & Activity sector of the travel industry.
TrekkSoft Ltd. is a web based booking engine provided to Tour and Activity operators in the Software As A Service model. TrekkSoft Ltd. was founded 2010 with the goal to operate a multi-client booking engine for tour operators and activity providers. Today TrekkSoft provides an online booking and reservation solution for activity providers, tour operators, travel agents, tourist offices and event organizers across the globe.
We are a Swiss based company and our team consists of adventure enthusiasts, user experience specialists and expert programmers.
If you think you have what it takes expand TrekkSoft across the globe please send the following to email@example.com :
- Complete CV/Resume with relevant experience.
- Letter of motivation introducing yourself.
- List of relevant references.
TrekkSoft.com offers the unique option to track agent sales online. The system we use is quite easy but it also works for accounting purposes.
The first step to integrate an agent/referal system is to sign up as a user on a specific mandator page (either in the frontend) or the administrator backend:
Sign up in the frontend of a specific mandator page
Add a new user in the administrator backend
After creating a new user or if there is an already existing user you need to link a user to an agent. For that, you need to define an agent in the administrator part of Trekksoft under //Marketing // Agents:
Create a new agent in the administrator part of trekksoft.com
If you create a new agent, you will need to define a unique agent code. The idea of this agent code is to allow your agents to use a specific code on brochures, print materials etc. to generate comissions for people who are online booking via frontend. Besides the agent code you need to give him the amount of comission and decide if he needs a weekly or monthly accounting. You can define rights for every agent, depending on the trust and turnover. For example, you can give him the right to take cash payment.
Finally, you need to allcoate an agent to a user, so that the agent can login via the frontend site of your specific mandator site.
Under Accounting// Agent Accounting you find all the agent accounting based on the set up (weekly or monthly), you can generate dynamic .pdfs for the pay outs. IMPORTANT: all accounting is based on the trip date and not on the date where the trip was sold.
The TrekkSoft extension for Joomla! contains a content plugin which enables an easy integration of TrekkSoft in your existing Joomla! website.
After installation/configuration all you’ll need to do is place a special text (eg.
[trekksoft type="shop"]) in a page’s content. The plugin will then render an iFrame, which integrates the desired page (eg. the shop).
You can download the latest version of the plugin on our Bitbucket page.
Then please go to your Joomla! website’s extension page and upload the ZIP archive.
The next step is to activate and configure the plugin. All you need to do is enter your TrekkSoft account name (for example
bus2alps for http://bus2alps.trekksoft.com) and select a language.
Place a code like
[trekksoft option1="value" option2="value"] in a page’s content and the TrekkSoft plugin will render it.
The following options are available.
||Must either be
||Must be one of the following forms:
||Must be one of the following forms:
" tour_id="4331" width="720px" height="800px"]
TrekkSoft Update: New WordPress Plugin and Widget Integration
We invested a lot of time in the last couple of weeks to further the development of the widget solution and we are planning to launch these new functions in the next week.
:: Whats new?
There will be a new WordPress plugin available, which allows you to implement TrekkSoft directly and easy into your wordpress.com blog. We also invested a lot of time into the development of the mobile site and the improvement of the mobile site for smartphones (iPhone, Android, Windows Phones) and Tablets (iPad etc.). The goal of these improvements is to optimize the view for the customer and improve the booking process.
At the same time we worked on the design of the plugins and the widget. With these design improvements, it should now be easier to book tours online.
:: Action Points
If you are using the TrekkSoft iframe solution to enable booking tours
or shopping for items, you wont have to take any action. Only the design of the
iframe will change. After the update you’ll be able to integrate an
iframe specific to tours overview.
What will no longer be supported is integration of custom CMS pages in a
special iframe layout. Links won’t be broken, but your normal layout
will be applied to these CMS pages, even when integrated via the iframe.
We would like to encourage you to create custom pages directly in your
website in case you are only interested in TrekkSoft as an
iframe-integrated booking solution.
:: Upcoming developments
In the next months we will improve the dashboard view for bookings. In addition, we will add new opportunities to market tours and generate more business by acquiring new customers. We are looking forward to present new innovations in the upcoming months.
At this point we would like to thank you for your cooperation so far and we wish you all the best,
Your TrekkSoft Team